Once upon a time it was served at the poorer tables: a wine to be drunk everyday, the genuine thirst quenching drink that would accompany the hard working people. We have crafted this wine preserving all its freshness and enhancing elegance: to be simple is anything but to be banal. Ribolla Gialla is a lively wine with a sharp tang, which gives it its unmistakable character. This wine has come a long way in recent years. It is now well recognised at a close-to-international level!
Star sign: Aquarius. Preferred colour: Light blue.
- 100% Ribolla Gialla
- Average vineyard age: 15 years
- Average number of vines per hectare: 4,000 - 4,500
- Vine system: guyot
- Average yield: 60 hl/ha
- Harvesting period: first ten days of October
- Grape harvest: by hand
- Area of Production: Cormòns (Gorizia)
- The grapes are de-stemmed and cold macerated for 24 hours. Fermentation is carried out in stainless steel tanks under a controlled temperature (16 - 18°C). This wine spends 6 months on the lees and is then bottled.
- Tasting profile
- Young, fresh, elegant, tangy. Straw yellow with greenish highlights. To the nose it offers freshness and a very good complex bouquet. There are pleasant notes of wild flowers, green apple and lemon leaves. It softly envelops the mouth with great elegance.
- Food pairing
- It makes a very pleasant aperitif. It pairs very well with cold and warm fish starters.
- Serving temperature
- 12,5% vol
- Total acidity
- 5,8 g/l
cases of 3/6/12
single 1,5l magnum case