Those who don’t know this wine well, define it as “honest and sturdy”. Definitely is honest! It is also generous and reveals great depth. It is never easy; ours reveals graphite, leather and redcurrant. Sipping this wine is like walking into an underwood filled with lively aromas. It is wild! A tenacious, sincere and sturdy guide that can easily lead you to destination. And you end up far, far away: on the flying carpet of aromas there are wild blueberries, marasca cherries and cloves.
Star sign: Aries. Favourite colour: purple.
- 100% Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso
- Average vineyard age: 35 years
- Average number of vines per hectare: 3,500
- Vine system: Guyot
- Average yield: 45 hl/ha
- Harvesting period: first ten days of October
- Grape harvest: by hand
- Area of Production: Cormòns (Gorizia)
- The grapes are de-stemmed and are left to macerate in wood for 20 to 25 days. During this period the fermentation is assisted by regular remontage, delestage and air mixing. The wine is then racked in oak barrels where it ages for 20 months before being bottled. Before going on the shelf the wine ages in the bottle for approximately 10 months.
- Tasting profile
- Earth, blood, graphite, a deep and full-bodied wine that is all about its land. This wine has a deep ruby red colour and offers a warm nose of bramble, marasca cherries and cloves. It is full flavoured, round and soft. The long persistent finish is fruity and reminds of little red berries.
- Food pairing
- It goes well with cured meats and cheeses, meat filled Tortelli, poultry and veal knuckle roast.
- Serving temperature
- 14,0% vol
- Total acidity
- 5,2 g/l
cases of 3/6/12