This changeable wine, like a chameleon changes according to the circumstances and yet maintains its refines. Elegant and refined as it is, it dominates over any dining table, fluently expressing itself in various accents. Pinot Grigio is lively and brilliant by character, turning from berry into silk in the mouth. Striking in the long run: what at first seems wild flowers turns into apricot and leads you far, far away from where you started off.
Star sign: Gemini. Favourite colour: given its extreme brilliance, its colour cannot be but blue.
- 100% Pinot Grigio
- Average vineyard age: 35 years
- Average number of vines per hectare: 4,000
- Vine system: guyot
- Average yield: 55 hl/ha
- Harvesting period: first ten days of September
- Grape harvest: by hand
- Area of Production: Cormòns (Gorizia)
- The grapes are delicately de-stemmed and placed in a pneumatic press for soft pressing without maceration. Fermentation is carried out in stainless steel tanks under a controlled temperature (16 - 18°C). This wine spends 6 months on the lees and is then bottled.
- Tasting profile
- Dynamic, lively, fruity. Deep straw yellow in colour. To the nose it offers distinct aromas of pear and banana evoking images of a large basket of ripe fruit. In mouth it is soft, well structured, silky and perfectly balanced. Rich flavours linger on the exceptionally long finish.
- Food pairing
- Matches very well with fish-based first course dishes. Excellent with steamed crustaceous treats, where the delicate flavours combine well with the boldness of the wine. Exceptional when served with breaded scallops and clams.
- Serving temperature
- 13,5% vol
- Total acidity
- 5,4 g/l
cases of 3/6/12
single 1,5l magnum case