In the Collio area, this is the red wine par excellence; generously, it offers dozens of feelings. You can easily fall in love with a wine like this. Merlot is a deep and round wine, and as warm and cosy as you like it. It allures you and knows when to let go. A rebel and individualist, it seeks its freedom. It evolves every vintage though remaining true to itself.
Star sign: Sagittarius. Favourite Colour: red.
- 100% Merlot
- Average vineyard age: 25 years
- Average number of vines per hectare: 4,000
- Vine system: guyot
- Average yield: 40 hl/ha
- Harvesting period: first ten days of October
- Grape harvest: by hand
- Area of Production: Cormòns (Gorizia)
- The grapes are de-stemmed and are left to macerate for 20 to 25 days. During this period, fermentation is assisted by regular remontage, delestage and air mixing. The wine is then racked in oak barrels where it ages for 20 months before being bottled. Before going on the shelf the wine ages in the bottle for approximately 10 months.
- Tasting profile
- Warm, fruity, deep, international with lots of red cherry. It has an intense and deep ruby red colour. The appealing nose has cherries, marasca cherries, red berries that mingle with intense spicy notes. In the mouth it is rather firm, harmonious and enveloping. It has a nose of blackberries, blueberries and liquorice and offers intense aromatic notes. Its persistence is excellent.
- Food pairing
- It matches very well with grilled red meats and mature cheeses.
- Serving temperature
- 14,0% vol
- Total acidity
- 5,4 g/l
cases of 3/6/12