International by definition, refined by craft. The French ancestry and international recognition of this wine triggered our interest in pursuing its utmost elegance. Chardonnay features an infinite range of nuances that are always well balanced. Its natural inclination towards beauty ends up enveloping you with the sweet hint of vanilla. Ours can show some ripe apple and hint of mineral. Some vintages are quite unforgettable!
Andritz, homeland and heritage, is the native place in Styria located in the southeast of Austria from where the family’s ancestors left, over a century ago, to set their roots in the Collio.
Star sign: Libra. Favourite colour: orange.
- 100% Chardonnay
- Average vineyard age: 35 years
- Average number of vines per hectare: 4,000
- Vine system: guyot
- Average yield: 60 hl/ha
- Harvesting period: end of September
- Grape harvest: by hand
- Area of Production: Cormòns (Gorizia)
- The grapes are de-stemmed and cold macerated for 24 hours. Fermentation is carried out in stainless steel tanks under a controlled temperature (16 - 18°C). L'80% of the wine ages in stainless steel tanks 6 months; the remaining 20% ages in French oak barrels. The two parts of the wine are then blended and bottled.
- Tasting profile
- Wrapping, warm, mineral. The aroma is intense and creamy, with typical hints of ripe exotic fruit and bread crust. It is flavourful and fresh, full-bodied and elegant with distinct notes of citrus fruit and vanilla. In the mouth it offers a very important and well balanced complexity.
- Food pairing
- It matches well with important fish or meat first course dishes. Excellent with mature cheeses and fish chowders.
- Serving temperature
- 14,0% vol
- Total acidity
- 5,4 g/l
cases of 3/6/12
single 1,5l magnum case