Its legacy is this land, our family. Workable but sensitive, it demands careful crafting, both in the vineyard and in the winery. Franc because of its French origin – from the Gironde – and in our mother tongue, Friulano, “franc” means honest and straightforward, in a word: “frank”. And this wine is definitely frank. After aging in oak barrels, the sweet tannins and the aromas mingle perfectly in a cherry red wine offering dense notes of red berries. This wine is warm and cosy, while its herbaceous character is open and refreshing.
Star sign: Cancer. Favourite colour: green.
- 100% Cabernet Franc
- Average vineyard age: 25 years
- Average number of vines per hectare: 3,500
- Vine system: Guyot
- Average yield: 60 hl/ha
- Harvesting period: first ten days of October
- Grape harvest: by hand
- Area of Production: Cormòns (Gorizia)
- The grapes are de-stemmed and are left to macerate for 20 days. During this period, fermentation is assisted by regular remontage, delestage and air mixing. The wine is the racked in oak barrels where it ages for 12 months before being bottled.
- Tasting profile
- Honest and persuasive. It has a beautiful appearance thanks to its deep sour cherry red. The nose is a cocktail of red berries with notes that are slightly herbaceous. In the mouth it is full, honest and harmonious, presenting a rich bouquet of aromas and delicate tannins.
- Food pairing
- It is a classic red wine of Friuli. It goes well with dishes of the “traditional” local cuisine, such as Frico, Frittata, salami and game meat.
- Serving temperature
- 13,5% vol
- Total acidity
- 5,4 g/l
cases of 3/6/12