It is the result of our pursuing beauty and precision; our utmost care and passion. Great care and precision paired with a wise exploitation of the wood. Each grape berry has given its best in Andritz by offering all the minerality, characteristic of these carefully tended hill slopes, and by ripening to perfection during the warm summer evenings. The result is exceptional: it is pure strength, character and elegance, combined. Only the perfectly ripe clusters have been carefully selected and harvested by skillful hands. True persistence. The patience to wait for the right moment!
Andritz, homeland and heritage, is the native place in Styria located in the southeast of Austria from where the family’s ancestors left, over a century ago, to set their roots in the Collio.
Star sign: Virgo. Favourite colour: pink.
- 60% Friulano, 20% Ribolla Gialla, 20% Malvasia.
- Average vineyard age: 35 years
- Average number of vines per hectare: 3,500
- Vine system: guyot
- Average yield: 55 hl/ha
- Harvesting period: according to each varietal
- Grape harvest: by hand
- Area of Production: Cormòns (Gorizia)
- The grapes are de-stemmed and cold macerated for 24 hours. The most ferments in oak barrels. It remains on the lees for 10 months and undergoes frequent batonnage. The various parts of the wine are then blended and bottled.
- Tasting profile
- Flowery, alluring and complex. Sweetness and depth. It presents a golden yellow colour and a nice fluidity. The nose of ripe exotic fruit is intense and elegant with hints of nuts and vanilla that mingle, offering a cosy, warm feeling. In the mouth it is harmonious and intense, and offers a long sensory experience with its persistence and pleasant aftertaste.
- Food pairing
- It matches very well with vegetable soups and fish chowders.
- Serving temperature
- 13.5% vol.
- Total acidity
- 5.4 g/l
cases of 3/6/12
single 1,5l magnum case